Yo’tism training structures itself in a way to provide you as the practitioner with a strong basis of knowledge, tools and clarity of confidence. There are different training opportunities from 1 day workshops to 60 hour accredited specialist practitioner training and further specialisms beyond this.
As a practitioner:
- You will gain a wealth of knowledge in Autism and the underpinning neuro-science.
- Experience and understand in greater depth how yoga positively affects your own brain, body, sensory systems, nervous system, emotional expression and sense of calm.
- Learn a clear out-lined structure for practice and teaching methods
- How to relate this to all individuals
- How to trust and work with the power of your own intuition as a yoga practitioner
The training is based on using adapted asanas, neuro-sensory techniques, breathing, meditation and relaxation to meet the needs of Autism. Equipping an individual with internal control and calm, through relaxation, self-awareness and positive internal dialogue, so that they become better able to interact with others and the environment around them without stress. Creating a positive sense of self is the core of any bodywork or psychological therapies. Yo’tism’s Yoga, through effective delivery and regular intervention, allows an individual to reach a parasympathetic state where the body can digest food better, produce the necessary coping hormones and get to an optimum immune state.
Yo’tism delivers three levels of training. If you are a qualified yoga instructor through an approved registered program you can take one or all of the following courses to equip you as a specialist yoga therapist. If you are not a qualified yoga instructor you will need to complete the 60-hour specialised training course before you can teach.
This is a three day, 24 hour, training module. Each day is structured in a way to offer quality training, education, practical application, mentoring and awareness building of yoga as a tool for supporting someone on the autism spectrum. This course will introduce you to the natural, therapeutic intervention of adapted yoga and provide you with the direct tools to teach.
Day 1 of this training includes:
- Introduction to Yoga and ASD
- Yoga and your own Neurology
- Brain neurology and greater understanding of spectrum differences
- Practical and theoretical understanding of Autism and body – brain integration
- Practical on Yo’tism sequences and techniques
This is a two day, 16 hour, training module which delves deeper into ASD as a spectrum and the more indepth tools you need to apply an adapted Yoga method with greater knowledge, confidence and skill.
Some features of this course include:
- Understanding the wider spectrum differences
- The Primitive Reflex system
- Practical application for the wider spectrum differences
- Developing a more prescriptive technique
- ASD and a soulful connection
These are 1 day, 8 hours, training modules which hone in on a specific area of interest and need of individuals on the ASD spectrum.
Currently there are specialist training modules on:
- Yoga and the Neuro-Sensory Group
- Reflex Yoga
- Yoga and Communication
- Autism plus
- Yoga as a Classroom Pedagogy
- Trauma rehabilitation
These courses are flexible, tailored specifically and devised as requests and needs require, making Yo’tism at the forefront of relevant, exceptional practice for our ASD clients.
You must complete two of these in order to complete the 60 specialised training.
Cost £125 per day
Please see below but in order to complete the 60-hour module you will need to complete four mentoring sessions.
Cost £30 per session
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.